Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Granddaddy of all Weeks!

   Here it is the Granddaddy of all weeks if you are a primary grade teacher.  All in one week we celebrate 100s Day, hope that the groundhog doesn't see his shadow and say hello to February; the month that is jam packed with awesome opportunities for learning.  I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight my head is so full of ideas and excitement for the coming week.
   The internet has opened the world up for me!  When I left my first grade job twenty years ago on a very long maternity leave, I had a computer in my classroom but rarely used it myself.  Early finishers might play an educational game, and I might have done some word processing, but that's it.  Being able to share ideas with other teachers...okay the sharing has been pretty one way... is amazing to me.  I wish I could start all over again, but than again I might not have the appreciation I have now for the limitless ability to surf the web for one great idea after another.
Synonyms for volunteered:  coerced, begged,
bribed!
   Thank you bloggers, pinners and sharers.  I appreciate and am inspired by your talent and desire to make learning fun and meaningful. Here's my first picture of our 100's Day celebration!  My son "volunteered" to dress up as Zero the Hero and bring his zero treat in person!  I'm not allowed to put this on facebook for fear of being tagged!  What a trooper he is for putting up with my silly antics!

3 comments:

  1. Billy's the best! And so are you. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Jenny! That's why I nominated you for the I love your blog award! =)
    http://colorsplashnails.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-love-your-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ColorSplashnails! You are the best...Let's talk about a time for coffee soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!