Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Friend Loves at all Times!

This week I am memorizing Proverbs 17:17..."A friend loves at all times and a brother is born for a time of adversity."  This verse from the Bible got me thinking about my friend, Jean.  She is a fellow teacher and good friend.  She has given me so much encouragement over the years as well as inspiration.  I was lucky enough to spend a year as her aid and took away a treasure trove of ideas and motivation.  Not only do we share a love for children we share a love for quilts!  She makes them and I admire them.  I have tried my hand at quilting and enjoy it very much.  Some day I hope to do more, but for now, I'll enjoy the beauty of Jean's!
Notice the details such as rick-rack and beads!


They signed their name by their masterpiece.

This will be sold at our spring auction.  I would love to be the top bidder!

This octopus is my favorite!

Jean is behind the quilt!  She doesn't know I'm writing about her!!

Jean has very high expectations for her kindergartners.  Not only are the kindergartners blessed by these expectations, but so am I when they walk into my room on the first day of first grade.  Having spent a year in her room I know what to expect and I too am able to expect a great deal from them when they become mine.  Here is a sample of some the writing I spied in the hall today.  I'm blogging this for her, because she's too busy quilting.
I love Aberham licon even when he got shoot.


My dog makes barf all over the house.

I like my ballet class because it has jumping.  We wear tu-tus too!





     I have had a productive week, too.  We've had so much fun reading Dr. Seuss books. We hated being dragged away from our books to go to musical practice every day this week.  We'll all breathe a sigh of relief after our performance on Thursday night.  Friday will be A Great Day For Up...I mean a  great day for a celebration of our Seussiness and the completion of the musical.  

First graders wrote about what they would do if Thing One or Two came to their house.  Things 1 and 2, stay away from the house where someone would hit you with a light saber and make you leave!  One of my students would like to have fun while mother is out and make cupcakes!




"I am playing with Thing One and Thing Two.  We are going to play with Barbies and have tea.  It is fun to play with them.  I like them."

Jean, if you  ever to find my
blog, thank you for all you do!
Thanks for listening to me in times of adversity as well as times of great rejoicing!  I am blessed to know you and have the opportunity to have you to share fun times with.  I'm glad you'll always have one more year left!!  If you find this..Wow!  You are getting better all the time with technology!
















4 comments:

  1. Hi, all of those are great. I especially like the thing 1/2's. I just found you and am your newest follower. God bless!
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Vicky! Thanks for following...I am now your newest follower! I hope you get to 300 soon.

      Delete
  2. This is the sweetest post and brought tears to my eyes. The quilt is beautiful but so is your heart. Isn't it amazing the people that God puts in our lives that touch our hearts and because of them we touch the heart of someone else.

    Thank you for sharing with us. You are a blessing. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, your comment brought tears to my eyes! I love reading your blog and I'm touched that you visited me! You are a blessing to many! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!