Sunday, March 11, 2012

St. Patrick's Week! Plus a Freebie!

I just finished up creating a game and a writing activity for my firsties tomorrow.  St. Patrick's Day is such a fun day and because it falls on Saturday this year, we'll just have to celebrate a wee bit 'o the green each day this week.  I'm not Irish, but Irish I was.  Plus, I used to babysit for people who were Irish, so that makes me honorary Irish, right?  I have been trying to come up with an exciting way to get my students excited about persuasive writing.  I think I've come up with something that is sure to be a hit!  Seamus the Leprechaun has written each student a letter about needing to get rid of some gold.  I'm sure that more than one of my firsties will want to get in on some gold.  They'll hang there letters and rainbows up in hopes that Seamus will be persuaded to leave them gold.  You must be excited to see what my students will come up with.  Be sure to check back later this week to see what they say and to see who gets the gold!  Check out Seamus Patrick McCune's letter at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Luck-of-the-Leprechaun. (It's freeeee!) Be on the look out for green owls and please let me know if you see one!

We are going to make the crayons tomorrow, too!

My first Teachers Pay Teachers purchase!  KB Konnected, thanks for the cute graphics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please give me a hoot!