Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sentimental Journey

Thank you KPM Doodles!


Oh my goodness!  So much to do and so little time!  I have something big planned for the next four weekends.  The best big weekend will be the one coming up when I get to go to a much anticipated wedding!  My nephew Ben is FINALLY marrying his sweetheart, Leah.  They have been together for what seems like forever, but usually separated by the state of Michigan!  They'll finally be together and they'll practically be our neighbors.  I know those newlyweds are going to want to spend TONS of time with their aunt and family!!  Be sure to come back next week and see a picture of this cute couple!

I've been doing lots of blog hopping and getting fresh ideas to help me finish out the year.  Because it is National Poetry Month and because I am feeling very sentimental about my class I've written a poem.  My challenge to you is to write a poem for or about your class this year. Include special memories and treasured thoughts that you have regarding your year.  This year has been particularly special for me as I have been with my class for two years in a row!  They are the first group of firsties I have had since my maternity leave 21 years ago.  I have enjoyed them and loved them so much.  Well, I'll let my poem tell the story...

Thanks for joining me on this sentimental journey!
Jenny

Thank you so much to my new friend, Renonda for helping with my button!  Snickety Things has become a favorite blog of mine.  Now Renonda has started blogging about books...Which I love!
She makes the most beautiful cakes...Yum!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE your poem! I bet you will be their favorite teacher for a long time. And, thanks what you said about me. It is very sweet and I am so glad that we found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who wouldn't want to spend a ton of time with you? They'd be nuts not to! Love the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for finding my blog. I'm looking forward to following yours as well!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that Jack will be in your class next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny,
    Thanks for following my blogs and joining in on the giveaway. Good luck!!
    I'm now following you :)
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a fantastic teacher, Jenny!! Your "firsties" have had a wonderful start in their beginning years...Thanks to YOU :)
    Henriet

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!