Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fairy Doors and Pete's School Shoes!

I wasn't going to post tonight, but I got so excited about fairy doors that now I can't sleep! My BBF from Chickadee Jubilee shared one with me and then I had to go check out more!



















Pinned Image

Is that not the most precious thing you have seen? This next one happens to be my favorite because it is inside and I love the window on the books.

fairy, fairy door, fairy doors, faery, faery door, faery doors, fairy doors of Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor District Library

You can read more about this door and other UFOs (Urban Fairy Operations) by clicking on the picture above.

Even though my class is composed of mostly fine young men this year, I have to have a fairy door. I am blessed to be married to the most creative, kind, loving, giving, cranky bear of a man. He has agreed to make a fairy door for my classroom. I can hardly wait to see what he comes up with. I've got all kinds of whimsical ideas flying through my brain right now...Thanks Laurie!

As long as I'm here, I've got to let you know that my new class is totally funny. My owlets are an amazing group of creative high fivers. Not too many huggers in this group! I'm going to enjoy their laughter and enthusiasm all year long. I really can't wait for procedure to be taught and the learning to really take off!

Today I was lucky enough to be able to tell them about owl pellets. A room full of boys and owl pellets...They loved it! I'm going to need to get some to dissect before the year is over. Having owls as my theme, how could I not do the owl pellet dissection activity?

For the first day we read
 Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes
These students wanted me to read it again and again. Did I? Goodness no! Of course I did! I'll probably read it again tomorrow. I can't get enough Pete! Here are some Pete inspired shoes...

Many of the boys made "cool fire shoes"! They had elaborate plans for how they
would turn on and shoot fire!


Click on the picture if you would like a copy to use!

The adrenaline from the fairy doors has run down. I can't keep my eyes open any more. Thanks for visiting.

Pete Linky


5 comments:

  1. Aren't they fun! I so need one. It may need to be hidden in the classroom library. And it could magically get decorated for holidays or special events. Oh how fun! Glad you class is lovely. I remember owl pellets....but I did not think they were cool:-)

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen,
    Did you know there are fairy doors all around Ann Arbor. You should come over sometime and we'll go hunting for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairy doors are so enchanting. You're lucky your hubby is making one for your classroom. Maybe he could make two and you could have a giveaway :))
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a fairy door and window in a stump in my garden. They would be fabulous in a classroom. I second Barbara's idea for a give-away!
    Thanks for linking up with the Pete Linky.

    sandi
    rubber boots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!