Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Currently and a Freebie(s)!

I am pretty excited to join up with over 200 other bloggers and Farley to let you know what is happening CURRENTLY! This is my first time linking up,  though I have enjoyed reading many of the  other "Currently" posts from previous months. Some of my favorite blogs have been found hanging out with the "Currently" gang.


It's no secret that I love owls. One of my students asks me every day why I love owls so much. Of course I tell them because they seem so wise and they remind me that Only With the Lords Strength can I do all things! Phil. 4:13. 
 Owls are everywhere in my room this year and even out in the halls. When we walk through the halls we follow the ways of the OWL and you can too! Click on the picture to download a free copy!

Three times a week I get to go read with 7th and 8th graders. Our first book is one of my favorites. How can you not love a book that says, “What a pity every child couldn't learn to read under a willow tree...”  I try to incorporate the daily 5 each day...Word Work, Read to Self, Read to a Partner and Listen to Reading are going well. They have another teacher for English who handles the writing, though we do quite a bit of writing, too! 

Finally, I Have a game for you. I love to share! I hope you enjoy this letter sound I Have Who Has Game! Click on the link to get a copy for your classroom. Click on the pic(k) to get yours!




5 comments:

  1. I found you on the linky! I like owls too and have decorated my room with them this year. I'd love for you to stop by my blog and take a look. Also, I have several owl things on my TpT store as well.

    I love how your owls remind you of that Bible verse!
    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I also found you through Farley's Currently! I so want the back rub and early bedtime too! However, my twins are 15 months old now and while they go to bed early they for some crazy reason don't like to sleep the whole night! Maybe someday I will sleep again!:) I am now following you and would love it if you would stop by to visit sometime!
    Lisen :)
    www.wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also use the owl theme in my classroom. On back to school night I had many students ask me what was up with all the owls. My response was the same as yours, they are so wise! Thank you for the I have Who has!

    Vanessa
    teachingtrainingandtots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are back....I was missing your posts and beginning to get concerned. Anyhow...you must check this link out. I found it on Pinterest-http://www.flickr.com/photos/14938051@N08/5418159915/in/photostream/ Adorable Owls-they made me think of you!

    Have I told you that while growing up Owls freaked me out? My elementary school had two secretaries. One was very mean and had her office space decorated with owls. NOT the cute, artsy, loveable ones...the scary 70's angry looking ones. Going to the office was a dreaded experience and I prayed the whole way there, I would get to talk to the nice secretary. Thankfully I seem to have grown out of the fear and find owls fascinating.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this I have...who has! Thank you so much.

    Kimberley
    1stinmaine.blogspot.com

    PS I miss you xo

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!