Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What To Wear Wednesday! (Freebie!)


My poor aching feet. I have spent the summer in bare-feet or flip-flops and trying to shove my tootsies into shoes that were probably not designed with comfort in mind has been the worst part of back to school. I've tried to contort my feet into shapes that at a younger age was not a problem, but as I get older wiser I'm coming to realize that comfort is going to have to come first! Here is a glimpse of what I did to my feet this week...
Cute, but by the end of the day, blisters right by my
arches and sore feet!
Natural Soul by Naturlizer? If it is natural to have your toes blistered  and pinched than these are
the shoes for you. I had to take them off as soon as the kids were out the door!

Today I resorted to wearing the flip-flops again and my feet were happy all day. I just didn't feel very professional. I broke down today and went shoe shopping. I have a good feeling about my shoe choice tomorrow. I went to my favorite local store in Muskegon...Go Gear. The people there are knowledgeable and friendly and I love shopping locally. I believe there is some truth to the saying, "You get what you pay for." With that said, I hope I do!! I tried to have them give me a free pair if I blogged about their store...They just laughed at me...I paid full price! Ready? Here they are...
These are going to make my feet HAPPY!

Wouldn't your students pencils like some new shoes? Perhaps they'd like a new topper. I created these toppers to give my students positive thoughts when the "I can'ts" start to show up for school. I like to have my owlets write the word "can't" on a piece of paper, tear it up and throw it away. Now instead of "I can't" they have some "I cans" right on the top of their pencils. Click on the picture if you'd like a copy of your own "I cans" for your pencils to wear!


Graphics by Digital Bakeshop!




7 comments:

  1. Those pencil toppers are soooo adorable!!!

    You'll have to let me know about your shoes. My feet/knee have been KILLING me! Keep me posted, I may have to splurge too!

    Maria
    http://curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My feet feel so happy today! I've kept my shoes on all day and my feet, back and legs aren't aching! I think they were well worth the expense!
      Jenny

      Delete
  2. I made your pencil toppers this morning for the kids. So cute! Thank you.
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  3. My feet share your pain...if only I could wear flip flops everyday!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look like the Danskos I wear to work. Very comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look like the Danskos I wear to work. Very comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! My kiddos are going to love these!
    I wear the same shoes almost everyday. So comfortable!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!