Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chocolate Pointers and Candy Corns!


Look at the sweet pointers my daughter made for my owlets! I wish they could have lasted longer than 10 words! I asked them to read the room with their pointers and said they could eat them when they had read 10 words. One of my pumpkins was so proud of their self-control...They read 18 words before they HAD to eat it!



I wanted to turn my owlets into candy corns, but I wanted to make it not only cute, but also meaningful! I hope this poem brought meaning for my students and I hope that you find it meaningful, too!


Will you eat too much candy tonight? I usually get about three Trick-or Treaters in my neighborhood! I always buy way too much dark chocolate to pass out! I probably shouldn't have let that out of the bag...Now I'll probably have too many tricksters on my porch tonight. I'd gladly share with you...Stop by!!


3 comments:

  1. What a fun and edible way to motivate your class. I also love your owl months:-) I will have about 60 trick-or-treaters. Many of them students (I live 2 minutes away from my school.) Have a happy Halloween.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!