Monday, October 8, 2012

STAMINA!

Don't you love that word? I fly through the classroom singing "STAMINA!" quite loudly! I leap to the top of tall buildings singing, "Stamina!" I'm saving the world with....You guessed it, "Stamina!"

That is my favorite word lately. I find I use it not only in reading, but in math, Circle Time, Handwriting, and Coffee Break  ( I don't really have one of those!) I'm encouraging my little owls to use STAMINA! They can't wait to find out at the end of the day who is "Stamina King" for the next day. They trust me enough now to know that one day they will be "Stamina King, or Queen" for the day! They know I will do whatever it takes to make them successful Staminators!
Is this owlet not the cutest? If you look closely you'll notice his
crown is on upside down!
What do you do to build stamina in your classroom? Do your children love to fly around the room looking for a place to read to self singing "STAMINA?" Do they attack their Word Work with STAMINA? Do they read with their partner with STAMINA? Do they work on writing with STAMINA?

My children are asking me if I could do some laundry with STAMINA! So, I have to fly up and down the stairs carrying loads of dirty  clothes  that weigh more than I to be rescued by the washing machine. First I have to give you some awards that I created just for you...with STAMINA! I hope you can use them!  


Thank you, Carson-Dellosa
for your contributions to 
Breast Cancer awareness! Please 
check out my Give-Away and help
support companies doing good works!

6 comments:

  1. There's nothing quite like a classroom full of stamina. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!!! I need to make those for writing because my little guys are having TROUBLE with Stamina when I'm meeting with their fellow firsties to talk about stories. :)
    I've been DYING to know how the markers are going. I'm really interested in trying this! My daughter's teacher does this and I was wondering why, but maybe you have the answer. :)

    Great giveaway friend!!!!
    HUGS!
    Maria

    http://curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I have a lot of pretenders in my room...I am thinking this will be motivating. Maybe the stamina fairy (who is friends with the desk fairy and the writing fairy) will start visiting our class.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny,
    You've just been booed!
    Hop on over to http://www.gradeonederful.com/2012/10/ive-been-boo-ed-linky.html
    and check out the fun :)
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Throw some of the stamina stuff my way, Jen...! We've still got two weeks to go to the half term break - it's an eight weeker this year and it's dragging...!

    Sue
    SOS-Supply

    www.sos-supply.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stamina was our first power word for the year. I love to hear the children use it with each other in conversation (although sometimes it sounds more like bossiness--"J, you need to have stamina!")!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!