Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Day of Balance and Dino Freebie!!

My first day of living a balanced life was great! I was able to eat, watch birds, hike through the woods and make a dinosaur subtraction puzzle activity packet. I even watched Karate Kid with my daughter

This bird got me pretty excited. I hung this feeder in hopes that he would show up!
Common redpoll! He isn't common around these parts!
I was so excited when he showed up at my feeder. I had left my camera at my
sister's house the first time he showed up! I didn't mind driving an hour to visit with her
at all. I almost left with out my camera again!


I've been trying to get a picture of a chickadee for my friend Laurie! Those guys are almost impossible to get. All I got were these footprints...




Click the picture above if you'd like a copy of my Dino-Subtract puzzles. I've also got them at my TPT store if you want to buy them!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the little bird at your feeder. I have a question for you: Two years ago I had a seed feeder on my deck and we got tons of pretty birds but then a little rat showed up. I didn't mind him but my husband freaked so I took.down the feeder. Now I just feed the hummingbirds. Any suggestions?
    Glad to hear you had such a lovely day!

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I wouldn't want rats, either! I would get some suet with hot peppers in it. Mammals don't like it, but birds don't mind one bit! Good luck and enjoy the hummingbirds!
      Jenny

      Delete
  2. That redpoll is gorgeous! And you are a talented photographer! Congrats on your day of balance!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie! My children rightly claim there are more pictures of birds than them on my camera!
      Jenny

      Delete

Please give me a hoot!