Tuesday, January 8, 2013

ADD Cheat, Lie, Steal!

I don't know if I told you this before...I have ADD. Attention to Date Disorder! Dates just confuse me. I get ideas that things are one time and then they turn out to be another. I showed up at my nephew's High School Open House on the wrong DAY! When we got there I was sure that it was a good thing we showed up because no one else was there. Now another person might get some kind of premonition showing up to a house where there are NO cars in the driveway on a party day. Not me. I'm pretty sure my husband even said, "Are you sure this is the right day?" I probably laughed and tried to get to the door first to see some of my favorite people in the world. "Where is everybody?" I asked. No one at the house understood my question and they wondered why we had driven an hour to stop in at their house. If I had been by myself I would have made a good story up about being in the area and thought I would stop in for a cup of coffee and walk in the woods. I was not alone....I could feel the eyes of four glaring holes in the back of my head. I can't recall specific times I've made these mistakes, but I know they happen because I remember my attempt at nonchalance when people have brought up this mistake at choice times of yet another ADD disturbance.

Here is my latest ADD moment...I just spent HOURS writing a chapel message for our weekly chapel service tomorrow. I haven't had one yet this year...I mean last year...I figured it must be my turn tomorrow. AFTER I gathered my ideas and put them on paper, I checked the schedule. You know it...I'm not on! I'm not on next week either, or the one after that! I'm three weeks early with my message! Do you think the end of the month is too late to talk about New Year's resolutions? I thought so, too!
I added this picture because I thought this post could use a picture!

Are you in the need of a message? Here is my message for chapel tomorrow. Maybe it will bring you some needed time in God's word!


2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here!
There are some new things that I love. Here is a short list of them:
New crayons
New clothes
New birds to add to my bird list
New shoes
New coffee mugs
New Fabric
New Years!
Yep…I love new years. A new year is a fresh start to the rest of my life. It’s the perfect time to change things I don’t like. The changes that I and other people  make are called “resolutions”.  

1.    res·o·lu·tion  :  Noun  A firm decision to do or not to do something.
2.     
A resolution is a promise one makes to one’s self; a promise that puts a person’s desire to change into a formal statement.
When making a resolution to change a person might begin by saying, “I resolve to…” and then they would say what their resolution is.
What are some things that you might resolve to do?
allow time for students to answer.
The apostle Paul made a resolution. It is in the Bible. His resolution is, “For I resolved to know nothing ....except Jesus Christ and him crucified.” 1 Corinthians 2:2
Here are my resolutions for the New Year:
I’m going to make it right here in front of you all…I resolve to
cheat, steal and lie more!  You heard me right …I’m going to cheat, steal and lie more. Listen carefully…You may want to make this same resolution, too!
When I say I’m going to cheat it means I will:
Cheat failure.  I won’t be afraid to try something new because I think I may fail.  It is through failure that I’ve learned very important lessons. I can’t fail if I don’t try and just trying means I’m not a failure. It means I’m a try-er! It means I will be trusting that God will guide and protect me through life’s try-als.

I resolve to LIE more. God has told me not to worry. That means I can relax more this new year.  I can live a little more without having to worry about it because I trust my awesome God.

I resolve to STEAL! I’m going to steal more time away to be with God and enjoy the time I can spend with Him in His word the HOLY Bible!

In the year 2013 I resolve to cheat, lie and steal more than I did in 2013! With the help of God I hope you do, too!
Cheat failure
Lie down in green pastures
Steal time with God!
Prayer: Dear God, help me to keep my resolution to cheat failure and to lie down in the green pastures you have given me. Help me to remember to steal some time with you each day so that I may grow in faith and grace
In Jesus name, Amen!

If you would like the Chapel-Home Connection click HERE!


7 comments:

  1. 1) I love this post! And if you save it for when you really do have to lead chapel...it may be even more poignant, because the whole resolution thing may have worn off a bit from the new year.
    2) I like the picture....a lot:-)
    3) Have you been making small changes to your blog...or do I have ADD (Attention to Detail Disorder)?
    Have a super day!
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should still use it, too!
    Funny story about your ADD:)
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, this post cracked me up! I have had bouts of Attention to Date Disorder too. Your chapel message is super cute and it has a great message. I hope it goes well when you share it in 3 weeks!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there that day and we had a great visit, which we wouldn't have managed if you had come on the right day! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I must have the same thing you do!! I am just terrible with dates. You're not alone! :)

    ~Steph

    Sparkly, Quirky Lifebox

    The Quirky Apple

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I wanted to say thanks for your thought regarding my "Random, but worth sharing" post about my son! Love that your niece's son is the tallest in his class! That is awesome!

    -Amy @ Mrs. D's 3am Classroom Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your lesson. The kids will eat it up. Wish I could be there!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

Please give me a hoot!